PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY!
(Updated on June 23, 2015)
1. Application and Acceptance of these Terms
1b. You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if (a) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with FirstESource.com, or (b) you are not permitted to receive any Services under the laws of the U.S. or other countries/regions including the country/region in which you are a resident or from which you access the Services.
1c. You acknowledge and agree that FirstESource.com may amend any Terms at any time by posting the relevant amended and restated Terms on the Sites. By continuing to use the Services or the Sites, you agree that the amended Terms will apply to you.
1d. If FirstESource.com has posted or provided a translation of the English language version of the Terms, you agree that the translation is provided for convenience only and that the English language version will govern your uses of the Services or the Sites.
1e. You may be required to enter into a separate agreement, whether online or offline, with FirstESource.com or our affiliates for any Service (“Additional Agreements”). If there is any conflict or inconsistency between the Terms and an Additional Agreement, the Additional Agreement shall take precedence over the Terms only in relation to that Service concerned.
1f. These Terms may not otherwise be modified except in writing by an authorized officer of FirstESource.com.
2. Provision of Services
2a. All registered members of FirstESource.com are contracting with First Source Engineering Inc., a registered company in the State of Illinois, United Sates of America. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE COURTS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
2b. You must register as a member on the Sites in order to access and use any of their Services. Further, FirstESource.com reserves the right, without prior notice, to restrict access to, or use of, certain Services (or any features within the Services) to paying Users or subject to other conditions that FirstESource.com may impose in our discretion.
2c. Services (or any features within the Services) may vary for different regions and countries. No warranty or representation is given that a particular Service or feature or function thereof or the same type and extent of the Service or features and functions thereof will be available for Users. FirstESource.com may, at our sole discretion, limit, deny or create different levels of access to and use of any Services (or any features within the Services) with respect to different Users.
2d. Some Services may be provided by FirstESource.com’s affiliates on behalf of FirstESource.com.
2e. FirstESource.com may launch, change, upgrade, impose conditions to, suspend, or stop any Services (or any features within the Services) without prior notice, except that in case of a fee-based Service, such changes will not substantially adversely affect the paying Users in enjoying that Service.
3. Users Agree to …
3a. As a condition of your access to and use of the Sites or Services, you agree that you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations when using the Sites or Services.
3b. You agree to use the Sites or Services solely for your own private and internal purposes. You agree that:
1) You will not copy, reproduce, download, re-publish, sell, distribute or resell any Services or any information, text, images, graphics, video clips, sound, directories, files, databases or listings, etc. available on or through the Sites (the “Site Content”), and
2) You will not copy, reproduce, download, compile or otherwise use any Site Content for the purposes of operating a business that competes with FirstESource.com, or otherwise commercially exploiting the Site Content.
3) The systematic retrieval of Site Content from the Sites to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory (whether through manual processes, robots, spiders, or automatic devices) without the express written permission from FirstESource.com is prohibited. Use of any content or materials on the Sites for any purpose not expressly permitted in the Terms is prohibited.
3d. FirstESource.com may allow Users access to content, products or services offered by third parties through hyperlinks (in the form of word links, banners, channels or otherwise), API or otherwise to such third parties' websites. You are cautioned to read such websites' terms and conditions and/or privacy policies before using the Sites. You acknowledge that FirstESource.com has no control over such third parties' websites, does not monitor such websites, and shall not be responsible or liable to anyone for such websites, or any content, products or services made available on such websites.
3e. You agree not to undertake any action to undermine the integrity of the computer systems or networks of FirstESource.com and/or any other User, nor to gain unauthorized access to such computer systems or networks.
3f. You agree not to undertake any action which may undermine the integrity of FirstESource.com’s feedback system. This includes actions such as leaving positive feedback for yourself using secondary Member IDs or through third parties, or by leaving unsubstantiated negative feedback regarding another User.
3g. By posting or displaying any information, content or material (“User Content”) on the Sites or providing any User Content to FirstESource.com or our representative(s), you grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, and sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) license to FirstESource.com to publish, display, distribute, transmit, reproduce, duplicate, adapt, modify, translate and create derivative works, and otherwise use any or all of the User Content in any form, technology or media, now known or not currently known. This can be done in any manner and for any purpose which may be beneficial to the operation of the Sites, the provision of any Services and/or the business of the User. You confirm and warrant to FirstESource.com that you have all the rights, authority and power necessary to grant the above license.
4. Member Accounts
4a. As a User, you must be registered on the Sites to access or use some Services (a registered User is also referred to as a “Member” below). Except with FirstESource.com’s approval, one User may only register one member account on the Sites. FirstESource.com may cancel or terminate the member account of a User if FirstESource.com has reason to suspect that the User has concurrently registered or controlled two or more member accounts. Furthermore, FirstESource.com may reject any User’s application for registration for any reason.
4b. Upon registration on the Sites, FirstESource.com shall assign an account and issue a member ID and password (the latter shall be chosen by a registered User during his/her registration) to each registered User. An account may have a web-based email account with limited storage space for the Member to send or receive emails.
4c. The set of Member ID and password is unique to a single account. Each Member shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Member ID and password. This rule applies for all activities that occur under your account. No Member may share, assign, or permit the use of your Member account, ID or password by another person outside of the Member’s own business entity. Each Member agrees to notify FirstESource.com immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or your account or any other breach of the security of your account.
4d. The Member agrees that all activities that occur under your account (including without limitation, posting any company or product information, clicking to accept any Additional Agreements or rules, subscribing to or making any payment for any services, sending emails using the email account or sending SMS) will be deemed to have been authorized by the Member.
4e. The Member acknowledges that sharing of your account with other persons, or allowing multiple users outside of your business entity to use your account (collectively, "multiple use"), may cause irreparable harm to FirstESource.com or other Users of the Sites.
4f. The Member shall indemnify FirstESource.com, our affiliates, directors, employees, agents and representatives against any loss or damages (including but not limited to the loss of profits) suffered as a result of the multiple use of your account. The Member also agrees that in case of the multiple use of your account or the Member’s failure to maintain the security of your account, FirstESource.com shall not be liable for any loss or damages arising from such a breach and shall have the right to suspend or terminate the Member’s account without liability to the Member.
5. Each Member’s Responsibilities
5a. Each Member represents, warrants and agrees that:
1) You have full power and authority to accept the Terms, to grant the license and authorization and to perform the obligations hereunder;
2) You use the Sites and Services for business purposes only;
3) The address you provide when registering is the principal place of business of your business entity. For purposes of this provision, a branch or liaison office will not be considered a separate entity and your principal place of business will be deemed to be that of your head office.
5b. Each Member will be required to provide information or material about your entity, business or products/services as part of the registration process on the Sites or your use of any Service or the member account. Each Member represents, warrants and agrees that:
1) Such information and material whether submitted during the registration process or thereafter throughout the continuation of the use of the Sites or Service is true, accurate, current and complete;
2) That you will maintain and promptly amend all information and material to keep it accurate, true, complete and current.
5d. Each Member represents, warrants and agrees that:
1) Any User Content that you submit, post or display does not infringe or violate any of the copyright, patent, trademark, trade name, trade secrets or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party (“Third Party Rights”);
2) You shall be solely responsible for obtaining all necessary third party licenses and permissions regarding any User Content that you submit, post or display;
3) You have the right and authority to sell, trade, distribute or export or offer to sell, trade, distribute or export the products or services described in the User Content and such sale, distribution, trade or export or offer does not violate any Third Party Rights.
5e. Each Member further represents, warrants and agrees that the User Content that you submit, post or display:
1) Shall be true, accurate, complete and lawful, and not be false, misleading or deceptive;
2) Does not contain information that is libelous, defamatory, threatening or harassing, objectionable, offensive, obscene, sexually explicit or harmful to minors;
3) Does not contain information that is discriminatory or promotes discrimination based on religion, nationality, race, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation;
4) Does not violate the Product Listing Policy, other Terms or any applicable Additional Agreements;
5) Does not violate any applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation those governing consumer protection, unfair competition, export control, or false advertising) or promote any activities which may violate any applicable laws and regulations;
6) Does not contain any link directly or indirectly to any other websites which include any content that may violate the Terms.
5f. Each Member further represents, warrants and agrees that you:
1) Shall conduct your business transactions with other users of the Sites in good faith;
2) Shall carry on your activities on the Sites in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations;
3) Shall carry on your activities in accordance with the Terms and any applicable Additional Agreements;
4) Shall not use the Services or Sites to defraud any person or entity (including without limitation sale of stolen items, use of stolen credit/debit cards);
5) Shall not engage in spamming or phishing activities;
6) Shall not impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
7) Shall not engage in any other unlawful activities, including (without limitation) those which would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, etc. or encourage or abet any unlawful activities;
8) Shall not be involved in attempts to copy, reproduce, exploit or expropriate FirstESource.com’s various proprietary directories, databases and listings;
9) Shall not involve any computer viruses or other destructive devices and codes that have the effect of damaging, interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any software or hardware system, data or personal information;
10) Shall not involve any scheme to undermine the integrity of the data, systems or networks used by FirstESource.com and/or any user of the Sites or gain unauthorized access to such data, systems or networks;
11) Shall not engage in any activities that would otherwise create any liability for FirstESource.com or our affiliates.
5g. The Member may not use your Services and member account to engage in activities which are similar or identical to FirstESource.com’s e-commerce marketplace business.
5h. If a Member provides a business referral, that Member represents, warrants and agrees that you have obtained all necessary consents, approvals and waivers from your business partners and associates to:
1) Act as your business referee;
2) Post and publish their contact details and information, reference letters and comments on their behalf;
3) That third parties may contact such business that you refer to support claims or statements made about you. You further warrant and agree that all reference letters and comments are true and accurate and third parties may contact the business referees without the need to obtain your consent.
5i. The Member agrees to provide all necessary information, materials and approval, and render all reasonable assistance and cooperation necessary for FirstESource.com’s provision of the Services, evaluating whether Member has breached the Terms and/or handling any complaint against the Member. If Member’s failure to do so results in delay in, or suspension or termination of, the provision of any Service, FirstESource.com shall not be obliged to extend the relevant service period nor shall be liable for any loss or damages arising from such delay, suspension or termination.
5j. FirstESource.com does not endorse, verify or otherwise certify the contents of any comments or other material or information made by any Member. The Member agrees and acknowledges that FirstESource.com shall not be required to actively monitor nor exercise any editorial control whatsoever over the content of any message or material or information created, obtained or accessible through the Services or Sites. Each Member is solely responsible for the contents of their communications and may be held legally liable or accountable for the content of their comments or other material or information provided.
5k. The Member acknowledges and agrees that the Services may only be used by businesses and their representatives for business use and not for individual consumers or for personal use.
5l. The Member acknowledges and agrees that each Member is solely responsible for observing applicable laws and regulations in its respective jurisdictions to ensure that all use of the Site and Services are in compliance with the same.
6. Possible Breaches by Members
6a. FirstESource.com reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to modify, remove or reject any User Content that you submit to, post or display on the Sites which our company reasonably believes to be unlawful, in violation of the Terms, or that could subject FirstESource.com or our affiliates to any liability, or is otherwise. In the opinion of our firm, found inappropriate.
6b. If any Member breaches any Terms, or if FirstESource.com has reasonable grounds to believe that any Member is in breach of any the Terms, FirstESource.com shall have the right to impose a penalty against the Member, or to suspend or terminate the Member’s account or subscription to any Service without any liability to the Member. FirstESource.com shall also have the right to restrict, refuse or ban any and all current or future use of any other Service that may be provided by FirstESource.com. The penalties that FirstESource.com may impose may include warnings, removal of any product listing or other User Content that the Member has submitted, posted or displayed, imposing restrictions on the number of product listings that the Member may post or display, or imposing restrictions on the Member’s use of any features or functions of any Service, or other penalties or restrictions that we deem appropriate. These penalties may apply for such period as FirstESource.com considers appropriate, at our sole discretion.
6c. Without limiting the generality of the provisions of the Terms, a Member would be considered as being in breach of the Terms in any of the following circumstances:
1) FirstESource.com has reasonable grounds to suspect that any information provided by the Member is not current or complete or is untrue, inaccurate, or misleading;
2) FirstESource.com has reasonable grounds to suspect that such Member has utilized a stolen credit card or other false or misleading information in a transaction with an outside party;
3) Upon complaint or claim from any third party, FirstESource.com has reasonable grounds to believe that the Member has willfully or materially failed to perform your contract with such third party, including without limitation where the Member has failed to deliver any items ordered by such third party after receipt of the purchase price, or where the items Member has delivered fail to materially meet the terms and descriptions outlined in your contract with said third party, or …
4) FirstESource.com believes that the Member’s actions may cause financial loss or legal liability to FirstESource.com or our affiliates or any other Users.
6d. FirstESource.com reserves the right to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected criminal or civil wrongdoing. Further, FirstESource.com may disclose the Member's identity and contact information, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, an injured third party, or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action. FirstESource.com shall not be liable for damages or results arising from such disclosure, and the Member agrees not to bring any action or claim against FirstESource.com for such disclosure.
6e. If a Member is in breach of the Terms, FirstESource.com also reserves the right to publish the records of such breach on the Sites. If such breach involves, or is reasonably suspected of involving, any dishonest or fraudulent activities, then FirstESource.com also reserves the right to disclose the records of such breach to our affiliates including without limitation to other sites, etc. Such FirstESource.com affiliates may impose limitation on, suspend or terminate the Member’s use of all or part of the services provided by such affiliates to the Member, take other remedial actions, and publish the records about the Member’s breach of the Terms on the websites operated by or controlled by such FirstESource.com affiliates.
6f. FirstESource.com may, at any time and at our reasonable discretion, impose limitations on, suspend or terminate the Member’s use of any Service or the Sites without being liable to the Member if FirstESource.com has received notice that the Member is in breach of any agreement or undertaking with any affiliate of FirstESource.com including without limitation to other sites and such breach involves or is reasonably suspected of involving dishonest or fraudulent activities. FirstESource.com shall have the right to publish the records of such breach on the Sites. FirstESource.com shall not be required to investigate such breach or request confirmation from the Member.
6g. Each Member agrees to indemnify FirstESource.com, our affiliates, directors, employees, agents and representatives and to hold them harmless, from any and all damages, losses, claims and liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise from your submission, posting or display of any User Content, from your use of the Sites or Services, or from your breach of the Terms.
6h. Each Member further agrees that FirstESource.com is not responsible, and shall have no liability to you or anyone else for any User Content or other material transmitted over the Sites, including fraudulent, untrue, misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, offensive or illicit material, and that the risk of damage from such material rests entirely with each Member. FirstESource.com reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by the Member, in which event the Member shall cooperate with FirstESource.com in asserting any available defenses.
7. Transactions Between Buyers and Sellers
7a. Through the Sites, FirstESource.com provides electronic Web-based platforms for exchanging information between the buyers and sellers of products and services. FirstESource.com additionally provides electronic Web-based transaction platforms for Members to place, accept, conclude, manage and fulfill orders for the provision of products and services online within the Sites, subject to the terms of the FirstESource.com “Transaction Services Agreement.” However, for any Services, FirstESource.com does not represent either the seller or the buyer in specific transactions. FirstESource.com does not control and is not liable to or responsible for the quality, lawfulness, safety or availability of the products or services offered for sale on the Sites, or the ability of the sellers to complete a sale or the ability of buyers to complete a purchase.
7b. Users are hereby made aware that there may be risks in dealing with people acting under false pretences. FirstESource.com uses several techniques to verify the accuracy of certain information our paying Users provide us when they register for a paying membership service on the Sites. However, because user verification on the Internet is difficult, FirstESource.com cannot and does not confirm each User's purported identity (including, without limitation, paying Members). We encourage you to use various means, as well as common sense, to evaluate those with whom you are dealing.
7c. Each User acknowledges that it is fully assuming the risks of conducting any and all purchase and sales transactions in connection with using the Sites or Services, and that it is fully assuming the risks of liability or harm of any kind in connection with subsequent activity of any kind relating to products or services that are the subject of transactions using the Sites. Such risks shall include, but are not limited to, unsatisfactory quality, mis-representation of products and services, failure to meet specifications, defective or dangerous products, fraudulent schemes, unlawful products, delay or default in delivery or payment, cost mis-calculations, breach of warranty, breach of contract and transportation accidents. Such risks also include the risks that the manufacture, importation, export, distribution, offer, display, purchase, sale and/or use of products or services offered or displayed on the Sites may violate or may be asserted to violate Third Party Rights, and the risk that User may incur costs of defense or other costs in connection with third parties’ assertion of Third Party Rights, or in connection with any claims by any party that they are entitled to defense or indemnification in relation to assertions of rights, demands or claims by Third Party Rights claimants. Such risks also include the risks that consumers, end-users of products, other purchasers, or others claiming to have suffered injuries or harm in relation to products originally obtained by Users of the Sites as a result of purchase and sale transactions in connection with using the Sites may suffer harm and/or assert claims arising from their use of such products. All of the foregoing risks are hereafter referred to as "Transaction Risks". Each User agrees that FirstESource.com shall not be liable or responsible for any damages, claims, liabilities, costs, harms, inconveniences, business disruptions or expenditures of any kind that may come about as a result of or in connection with any Transaction Risks.
7d. Users are solely responsible for all of the terms and conditions of the transactions conducted on, through or as a result of use of the Sites or Services, including, without limitation, terms regarding payment, warranties, shipping, returns, insurance, taxes, fees, titles, licenses, fines, permits, transportation, handling and storage.
7e. The User agrees to provide all information and materials that may reasonably be required by FirstESource.com in connection with your transactions conducted on, through or as a result of use of the Sites or Services. FirstESource.com has the right to suspend or terminate any User’s account if the User fails to provide the required information and materials.
7f. In the event that any User has a dispute with any party to a transaction, such User agrees to release and indemnify FirstESource.com (and our agents, affiliates, directors, officers and employees) from all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses and damages (including, without limitation, any actual, incidental, special or consequential damages) arising out of, or in connection with, such transactions.
8. Limitations to Liability
8a. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY FIRSTESOURCE.COM ON OR THROUGH THE SITES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" AND “WITH ALL FAULTS”, AND FIRSTESOURCE.COM HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF CONDITION, QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, DURABILITY, RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS, AND UNDERTAKINGS ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.
8b. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FIRSTESOURCE.COM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE VALIDITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, CORRECTNESS, RELIABILITY, STABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR CURRENTNESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITES; FIRSTESOURCE.COM DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE MANUFACTURE, IMPORTATION, EXPORT, DISTRIBUTION, OFFER, DISPLAY, PURCHASE, SALE AND/OR USE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED OR DISPLAYED ON THE SITES DOES NOT VIOLATE ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHTS; AND FIRSTESOURCE.COM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED OR DISPLAYED ON THE SITES.
8c. Any material that is downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Sites is done at each User's sole discretion and risk and each User is solely responsible for any and all damage to FirstESource.com’s computer system, or loss of data that may result from the download of any such material. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by any User from FirstESource.com or through or from the Sites shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
8d. The Sites may make available to each User services or products provided by independent third parties. No warranty or representation is made with regard to such services or products. In no event shall FirstESource.com and our affiliates be held liable for any such services or products.
8e. Each User hereby agrees to indemnify and save FirstESource.com, our directors, officers, employees and affiliates harmless, from any and all losses, claims, liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise from such User's use of the Sites or Services (including but not limited to the display of such User's information on the Sites) or from your breach of any of the terms and conditions of the Terms. Each User hereby further agrees to indemnify and save FirstESource.com, our affiliates, directors, officers and employees harmless, from any and all losses, damages, claims, liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise from User's breach of any representations and warranties made by User to FirstESource.com, including but not limited to those set forth in Section 5 hereunder.
8f. Each User hereby further agrees to indemnify and save FirstESource.com, our affiliates, directors, officers and employees harmless, from any and all losses, damages, claims, liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise, directly or indirectly, as a result of any claims asserted by Third Party Rights claimants or other third parties relating to products offered or displayed on the Sites. Each User hereby further agrees that FirstESource.com is not responsible and shall have no liability to you, for any material posted by others, including offensive, defamatory or illicit material, and that the risk of damages from such material rests entirely with each User. FirstESource.com reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you shall cooperate with FirstESource.com in asserting any available defenses.
8g. FirstESource.com shall not be liable for any special, direct, indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever (including but not limited to damages for loss of profits or savings, business interruption, loss of information), whether in contract, negligence, tort, equity or otherwise or any other damages resulting from any of the following.
1) The use or the inability to use the Sites or Services;
2) Any defect in goods, data, information, product samples, or services purchased or obtained from a User or any other third party through the Sites;
3) Violation of Third Party Rights, or claims or demands that User's manufacture, importation, export, distribution, offer, display, purchase, sale and/or use of products or services offered or displayed on the Sites may violate or may be asserted to violate Third Party Rights; or claims by any party that they are entitled to defense or indemnification in relation to assertions of rights, demands or claims by Third Party Rights claimants;
4) Statements or conduct of any User of the Sites;
5) Any and all matters relating to Services however arising, including negligence;
6) Unauthorized access by third parties to the data or private information of any User.
8h. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing provisions, the aggregate liability of FirstESource.com, our employees, agents, affiliates, representatives or anyone acting on our behalf with respect to each User for all claims arising from the use of the Sites or Services during any calendar year shall be limited to the greater of:
1) The amount of fees the User has paid to FirstESource.com or our affiliates during the calendar year;
2) The maximum amount permitted in the applicable law. The preceding sentence shall not preclude the requirement by the User to prove actual damages. All claims arising from the use of the Sites or Services must be filed within one (1) year from the date the cause of action arose or such longer period as prescribed under any applicable law governing this Term of Use.
8i. The limitations and exclusions of liability to you under the Terms shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by law, and they shall apply whether or not FirstESource.com has been advised of or should have been aware of the possibility of any such losses arising.
9. Force Majeure
Under no circumstances shall FirstESource.com be held liable for any delay, disruption of or failure with the content or services delivered through the Sites, resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces or causes beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation, Internet failures, computer, telecommunications or any other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, storms, fires, floods, explosions, war, acts of God, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals or non-performance of third parties.
10. Intellectual Property Rights
10a. FirstESource.com is the sole owner or lawful licensee of all the rights and interests in the Sites, including the Site Content. The Sites and Site Content embody trade secrets and other intellectual property rights protected under worldwide copyright and other laws. All title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Sites and Site Content shall remain with FirstESource.com, our affiliates or licensors of the Site Content, as the case may be. All rights not otherwise claimed under the Terms or specifically by
FirstESource.com are hereby reserved.
10b. "FirstESource.com" and related icons and logos are registered trademarks or trademarks or service marks of First Source Engineering Inc., and “CUSTOM MEMBER”, “GOLD MEMBER”, “SILVER MEMBER”, "VERFIED MEMBER" and related icons and logos are registered trademarks or trademarks or service marks of FirstESource.com Limited, in various jurisdictions and are protected under applicable copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights laws. The unauthorized copying, modification, use or publication of these marks is strictly prohibited.
10c. FirstESource.com may have independent third parties involved in the provision of the Services (e.g., the authentication and verification service providers). You may not use any trademark, service mark or logo of these independent third parties without prior written approval from such parties.
11a. All legal notices or demands to or upon FirstESource.com shall be made in writing and sent to FirstESource.com personally, by certified mail, courier, or facsimile to the following entity and address: First Source Engineering, Inc., 7209 Exner Road, Darien, IL - 60561, USA and Mailing Address: First Source Engineering, Inc., P.O. Box: 1019, Westmont, IL-60559, Attn: Legal Department. The notices shall be effective when they are received by FirstESource.com in any of the above-mentioned manners.
11b. All legal notices or demands to or upon a User shall be effective if either delivered personally, sent by certified mail, courier, by facsimile or email to the last-known correspondence, fax or email address provided by the User to FirstESource.com, or by posting such notice or demand on an area of the Sites that is publicly accessible without charge. Notice to a User shall be deemed to be received by such User if and when.
1) FirstESource.com is able to demonstrate that communication, whether in physical or electronic form, has been sent to such User;
2) Immediately upon FirstESource.com posting such notice in an area of the Sites that is publicly accessible without charge.
11c. You agree that all notices, agreements, demands, disclosures and other communications that FirstESource.com sends to you electronically satisfy the legal requirement that such communication need to be in writing.
12. General Provisions
12a. Subject to any Additional Agreements, the Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and FirstESource.com with respect to and govern your use of the Sites and Services, superseding any prior written or oral agreements in relation to the same subject matter herein.
12b. FirstESource.com and you are independent contractors; no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by the Terms.
12c. If any provision of the Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deleted and the remaining provisions shall remain valid and enforceable.
12d. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section.
12e. FirstESource.com’s failure to enforce any right or failure to act with respect to any breach by you under the Terms will in no way constitute a waiver of that right, nor will it constitute a waiver of FirstESource.com’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
12f. FirstESource.com shall have the right to assign the Terms (including all of our rights, interests, benefits, titles, and duties and obligations in the Terms to any person or entity (including any affiliates of FirstESource.com). You may not assign, in whole or part, the Terms to any person or entity.
12g. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE COURTS IN DUPAGE COUNTY, STATE OF ILLINOIS, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.